Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Farmer's Market meal

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I forgot how good a BLT can be.

Yesterday, I took a trip to a farmer's market in Arkansas to purchase peaches, corn and tomatoes. All locally grown. All fresh.

Tonight we had classic BLT's, corn on the cob and fresh peaches and ice cream.

Rachel Ray recommends cooking bacon in the oven (375 degrees) on a drip roasting pan. The fat falls to the drip pan and the bacon is perfect. It takes about 15-20 minutes. Watch it carefully.

4 comments:

dawn said...

yum! i love a good farmers market...where is it?

Shelley said...

That sounds like a great meal! Yes, where is the farmer's market?

Janelle said...

Just over the Arkansas border. Roberson's Peaches. Also, there is one in BWest. The one in Omaha takes CC and the one in BWest doesn't. They are both good.

Raquel said...

ok i didt know you had a cooking blog too, I am thinking of starting one too! I have lots of awesome recipes. anyways I am the MOPS coordiantor of my group, I love it. I never thought I could do it, but my son passed away when he was 3 months old and my mops group was oe of my rocks at that time! I know what you mean about saying no, I ahve had to do that a lot since my so has been born.