Monday, July 23, 2007

Chicken Tortellini Soup

This recipe is originally from Angela. I love making this for new moms and sick kids. It is a hit at our house. Hope you enjoy. I usually double this recipe.

Chicken Tortellini Soup

3 chicken breasts ( or 1 rotisserie chicken picked clean)
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup celery
1 cup carrots
3 cans chicken broth
1/2 t. thyme
1 cup dried tortellini pasta
1/4 t. pepper
1 T. parsley
1-3 Bay leaves ( I eyeball all the seasonings. Season to your taste)

Cut and cook chicken (or if using rotisserie, just peel apart meat). Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Season to taste.

Serve with fruit and corn bread.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Thanks, Janelle. I think I will make this later this week or next. My family will love it!